Here’s a quick and easy project that’s a super simple way to encourage a friend! My mom used to make these for my sisters and I, except that hers were embroidered. If you aren’t good at sewing (or are impatient, like me) you can still create a colorful acrostic using permanent markers, canvas, and a picture frame.
- Canvas fabric (I used duckcloth)
- Permanent Markers
- Picture frame
1. Remove the cardboard backing from the frame. Using this backing as a guide, cut a square of fabric, about 1″ longer on each side than the backing.
2. Tape the piece of fabric firmly around the cardboard backing. Using a pencil, lightly map out the name, words, and any extra decorations you want to add.
3. Once you are satisfied with your design, trace over the pencil with markers.
4. Place the backing (with the fabric still tape to it) back into the frame. You can add some extra tape around the back to keep the fabric in place, if you need to.