This cookie recipe is my absolute favorite. My mom and sister bake these all the time, and the peanut butter and oatmeal give them the perfect texture. I added some ground flax, because it’s healthy (and because I have a large tub of flaxseed that I need to use up somehow!). It adds a bit of nutritional value, and you can’t even taste it.
You will need:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (can be crunchy or creamy)
- 3/4 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 bag of chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 3 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Place scoops of cookie dough (about the size of a golf ball) onto baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before eating.